"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27






Thursday, September 2, 2010

PROJECT SIZING

When I arrived, clinic was my first assigned duty. Katja, the volunteer coordinator, also asked me to work on sizing all of the children when I wasn't in the clinic. They try to update sizes for all the kids around this time so that the kids' sponsors have the right sizes to buy them clothes for Christmas. I was given a list of all the girls and a list of all the boys, 2 measuring tapes, and one shoe sizer thing. She told me that there was a group from the States coming August 19th to do sizing in the schools and she wanted me to try and have all of the kids not in school sized by that time. LoriAnn, my partner in the clinic at that time, helped me with sizing the toddlers, special needs kids, kitchen girls, and working boys. When the group arrived I helped them get started in the schools but was not able to help much because I am still mostly in the clinic. At nights when I am off from the clinic I try to work on the sizing – transferring the measurements to American sizes. There are still quite a few children that haven't been sized yet that I need to track down this week and measure. I hope to be done with this project by next Wednesday, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment