"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27






Thursday, September 2, 2010

CONTAINERS ARRIVE!

A container came in on July 15, the day after I left Emmanuel. When I got back some of my friends had set my boxes aside, so it was such a blessing to receive some things. Thanks so much to all of you who sent things for the kids and volunteers. You have no idea how much the smallest things mean to the kids here. Another container came in about 2 weeks ago – at just the right time. Things were getting really overwhelming here with the clinic and everything and it was such an encouragement to get a few notes from people and of course the food was an added bonus! I really can't say thanks enough – just know that not only me, but the children and staff as well, have been blessed by your giving. I pray that you are realizing the blessings that He gives you daily as well!

Quite some time ago I made a list of things needed and I have only one thing to update that we are in need of: thermometers. They don't have to be expensive or fancy, we just need some thermometers. Right now we only have two that are working at the orphanage – thankfully I brought one with me this past time and was able to take it to the clinic. If you know of anyone who has medical connections that might be able to send some thermometers – it would be such a great help!

This is not a need, but it would sure be appreciated…DVD's or VHS tapes for children. With having so many children in the clinic for such an extended period of time, it would be really cool to have something to pass the time. All of the children are in one little room and aren't allowed to go outside. We've brought puzzles, markers, crayons, fingernail polish, books, and anything else we can think of to them, but they really enjoy watching a good movie. Maybe if you have old VHS tapes that you don't use or find some at yard sales you could send them. If you can find things that have a Spanish audio option (most DVDs do) it would be great, but it doesn't have to be in Spanish. Like I said, this isn't a "need" but it would be greatly enjoyed by all of us in the clinic – kids and volunteers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment