"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
James 1:27






Thursday, September 2, 2010

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN (August 6)

I was so excited to finally be back home again. After being away from the kids for 3 weeks I was ready to see them and play with them and just hang out. I wasn't sure about what job I would have when I returned because Owen (a volunteer here) took over my English classes when I went back to the States. It took all of about five minutes to find out my new placement – the clinic. I'll explain later.

Life here at Emmanuel is really different for me this time compared to when I was here before. The biggest difference is probably volunteers. Throughout the summer we had many volunteers here (at one time we had around 30) but when I returned there were 6 here. Shortly after, 2 of those 6 left to go back to the States. Two more are leaving this weekend. There are so many things that need to be done here and so it is a blessing to have many volunteers to help out where needed. But when there aren't many volunteers here, there is still just as much that needs to be done and things can get a little crazy. It has taken some time to get adjusted to things being so different (especially living in a quiet house) but I'm finally getting back into the swing of things. Daily my responsibilities here increase, even more so as the number of volunteers decreases.

No comments:

Post a Comment